Connect Canon MX490 Printer to Wi-Fi
Canon is a multinational company known for providing great quality printers. Out of the huge range of printers offered by the brand, one printer that has been people’s favorite since the time of its release is Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
The demand for this printer is huge in the market and is considered to be an ideal product for fulfilling your printing requirement at office and at home as well. When the demand for a certain printer increases, the questions and the queries of the customer regarding the product/ device also increases.
One such really common question asked by thousands and searched online at a great pace is how can I connect Canon MX490 printer to router? Canon MX490 owners have put up a lot of questions on different online platforms regarding their queries on how to connect Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi?
Well, we are also looking for the same answer then welcome to our website where our goal is to answer all your printer and other computer hardware & software related queries.
In this article we are going to learn about the various methods to connect Canon MX490 printer to Wi-Fi. So, let’s start learning.
Steps or Connecting Canon Pixma MX490 Printer to Wi-Fi
- The very first step is to switch on your Canon printer.
- The very next step is to hit the Setup button to let your printer get connected to your Wi-Fi connection.
- Then you have to use the left and the right arrow buttons to navigate yourself and select the Wireless LAN Setup which you want to connect to your Canon printer.
- Now you just have to press the Ok button and proceed with the process.
- After this, your Canon printer will automatically going to search for the compatible wireless routers for establishing a connection.
- Out of the long list of connections shown, you are supposed to choose the network that you wish to connect to your printer.
Various Methods of Connection
Push Button Method: Using WPS Button for Connection
- Firstly, you have to press and hold the WPS button present on the wireless router.
- Now, once this is done, you have to wait for a couple of minutes and then have to press the Ok button on your printer.
- When you get screen message saying connected, press the Ok button again.
- Now, press the button called Copy.
- And, your printer has established a connection with your Wi-Fi successfully.
WPS Pin Code Method: Using WPS Pin Code for Connection
- Select the other setup option and then hit on the Ok button.
- Now, select the WPS PIN Code and again hit the Ok button.
- After this is done, you have to set the WPS PIN code to the wireless router.
- When you see the message connected on the screen, press on the Ok button.
- Now, hit the Copy button.
- The connection between your printer and the Wi-Fi is completed.
Cableless Method: Without Using Cables
- Select the other setup option and press the Ok button.
- Tap on the Cableless setup and then hit the Ok button.
- Once the printer preparation is done, the screen will automatically appear.
Another Alternate Method for Wireless LAN Setup
- For this method, you need to have the CD for installation purposes that will be used to install the printer drivers and software to your computer system.
- Once the installation is done, you need to choose the wireless connection option.
- The next step is to check on your printer and make sure it is switched on and the blue light is flashing.
- After this, you are supposed to click on the connect to the network option.
- Now, you can choose WPS for an automatic wireless connection.
- For wireless connection, you need to hold and press the Wi-Fi button until the light turns orange.
- Now, once the printer is connected, you will see the flashing of the blue light which means that the connection between the printer and the Wi-Fi is established.
- Now, you are required to click on the Next button and have to provide the needed information to successfully complete the setup process.