Fix Canon MX490 Printer Offline Error
Canon is a brand known for offering great quality printers and extremely good printing experience. The owners of Canon MX490 printers are experiencing great printing for files, documents and photos. But everything comes with some negatives and the same goes with the Canon MX490 printer as well.
The list of errors for the canon MX490 printer is quite long. But one such issue that is extremely common for canon MX490 printer offline error.If you are also facing the same issue, you have landed on the very right page.
In this article, we have covered the required steps to resolve canon MX490 printer offline error.
Steps to Fix MX490 Printer Offline Error in Windows 10
Step by step guide to fix the MX490 printer offline error has been provided down below. All you have to do is to perform all the steps in the correct order and with proper care. We can assure you that these steps are enough to resolve the printer offline problem in your Windows 10 system.
- Go to the Start menu, then go to the control panel and then devices and printers.
- Select the printing device that is connected with your printer and then the device will appear on the home screen.
- Double click on your printer name.
- Check the printer status, it either should be Printer: Ready/ Printer: Offline.
- Click on the printer option, offline, will show the printer menu on the screen.
- In this menu bar, click on the printer option.
- Select use printer offline.
- After this is done, the status of your printer canon MX490 not connected will be changed into online.
Steps to Fix MX490 Printer Offline Error in Mac
Out of the multiple methods, on way to fix the Canon MX490 printer offline error in Mac is by resetting and reconnecting your Canon printer. We have provided the steps to troubleshoot this error in Canon MX490. This one of the very basic yet effective method to solve the problem of printing in Mac systems. If you are also a Mac user who is worried about the Canon printer offline error, then please relax, this is one of the most common problem that is faced by multiple Canon printer users and that too also quite frequently. Just follow the below mentioned steps carefully to fix the issue.
- You have to disconnect your Canon printer by unplugging the power cable from the electric socket on the wall.
- Make sure to remove all the USB cables attached to the printer, at this point of time.
- Ensure that you switch off your Canon printer for at least a minute.
- The next step is to reboot your Mac system.
- Once the rebooting is done, you are supposed to plug the power cable of the printer back to the socket and start your printer.
- Switch on your Canon MX490 printer and let it reconnect with your Mac system.
- You can also attach the USB cables to the printer again.
- The next step is to take a print test and check if the printer is working fine now or the problem is still there.
- You can also establish a connection between your Canon printer and the wired or wireless internet at this time, in the case if you wish to take print out of an online file, document or image.
In case if the above mentioned method is not working fine for your Canon printer or your Mac operating system, you can move a step forward and can get connected with the Mac online support or the Canon printer support either by making a call on their helpline numbers, or by writing an email or by connecting them in online chat options.